Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane damage

Mike here...

I've been glued to the television for the past several days watching the news reports from New Orleans and Biloxi. I struggle to find the right words to describe how tragic this has been, and looks to remain for quite some time. Some of you know that Adrienne and I have close friends in a small town about 30 miles west of New Orleans. I have had e-mail contact with our friends and they are okay. Their area suffered a lot of wind damage (fallen trees, debris, etc.) and it will take about a week to clean up. But they were spared the flooding the rest of the area is experiencing. I was thinking last night about the frailty of our life here on earth. We work hard to structure our lives in healthy and comfortable ways but the reality is that we are not in nearly as much control as we'd like to think. Talk to everyone soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home